11 May 2013

Gift: Coasters


(Crochet)



I have been playing with crochet coasters these past weeks, because I wanted to give a set to a dear friend. 
He estado haciendo pruebas de portavasos en ganchillo, porque quería regalarle un set a una amiga. 




I tried different patterns…but at the end I came up with my own version. 
Probé varios patrones, pero al final salí con una versión propia. 




I am calling it: “Bloom coasters”.  It is formed by clusters that look like petals, blooming to form a round motif.  It is a little lacy, but not too much.
Le di el nombre de “Portavasos Florecientes” a este patrón, porque está formado de grupitos de puntos altos que se asemejan a pétalos florecientes, que forman una aplicación redonda.   Es un poco calado, pero no demasiado. 



I made the whole set with cotton (DK weight) in natural color, and the border in fine cotton thread (#10), in earth tones: burnt orange, brown, beige, mustard, olive green. 
Utilicé un algodón natural delgado, y el borde lo hice de hilo fino (#10), en colores tierra: naranja oscuro, café, beige, mostaza, verde oliva. 




I am planning on making more of these…for gifts…and for my home (I want some too!).
Estoy planeando hacer más de estos…para regalos…y para mi casa (¡yo también quiero unos!). 




Next time I will be sharing here the pattern, in case any of you want to give them a try…
En la próxima entrada les compartiré el patrón, por si a alguna de ustedes se le antoja hacer unos…



23 comments:

  1. Te quedaron preciosos Ana ,me encantan!!
    Besos ...aahh!! y espero ansiosa el patrón....haber si tengo algo de tiempo e intentaré hacer alguno para mi casa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bonitos, Ana!
    Con éstos tonos de colores beige quedan muy elegantes y bonitos.
    Una vez más: ¡felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful coasters! Can't wait to see your pattern..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna they are beautiful - what a thoughtful gift!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these - looking forward to seeing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/11/2013

    Bonita, bonita ,bonita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bloom coaster are very very beautiful.. I am sure this lovely gift will be appreciated. Have lovely Happy Mother's Day. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very pretty and delicate ... love them :) I like making coasters too (knitted), and have an ever-increasing stack of them stored under a smooth round rock in my kitchen. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ana..these are so pretty but elegant as well, I like the earthy tones that you've used to edge them with especially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Están preciosos y espero con ganas el patrón. Besos desde Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are lovely, Ana..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unos detalles muy elegantes para hacer algún regalo, tienes muy buen gusto.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely coasters Ana and they will make a lovely gift! looking forward to the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely...can't wait till you post the pattern. I have a couple of gift to give and I know they would love of these sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are lovely, and the earthy colours are so beautiful. I'm sure this gift will be treasured!
    I am looking forward to the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are really pretty, I love the idea of thread edging like you did.going to try out that soon. I'm sure this gift will be well appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! I love the earthy colors and what a great gift idea. Looking forward to the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a beautiful gift to give, I like the lacy feel that they have, and the colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me encantan. Gracias Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Coasters aer always a great gift! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pattern and stylish colors!
    Great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...